Search This Blog

SURGERY DAY

December 22, 2017, surgery day is here.  Two days ago I was excited to get this done and over with and on with my life.  But today, now this is just the first of probably many surgeries and needles and tests and anxiety attacks in my future.  But here we are, let's at least get this one out of me ASAP.

Check in at the surgery center.  Girl behind the desk says "oh you're one of the special ones".  LOL oh yeah I'm special, you have no idea, I'm thinking.  Ha joke was on me.  I "got" to go into the boob squishing room first.  I was confused.  No one had told me about the fun pre-op routine for my procedure.  Probably a good thing.

Into a chair, wheel me up to a mammogram machine.  Flop my "bad" boob into the machine.  Proceed to squish, which feels great since I was still sore from my biopsy.  Then in with the needle to numb the area again.  Remember prior post ....  Needle in Boob = HURT!  Yep still does.  They tell me not to look and proceed to insert a long wire into my boob to help my surgeon locate the bad spot easier.  So now I'm sitting in the chair with wire sticking out of my boob, almost poking me in my face in my beautiful gown.

Next stop.  New room.  I get to lay down this time.  woo hoo.   Gonna shoot some dye into my boob.  Yep you guessed it, another needle in the boob.  Oh yeah, I know you're jealous now!  LOL  Shoot the dye in and run me through the machine.  This machine and dye helps to locate the lymph nodes that, if the cancer was going to spread, would go to first.  The dye went to four nodes.  Therefore, these four will be removed, along with the lump during my surgery.

Woo hoo two hours later pre-op is now finished.  Thank God.  Just put me in the bed and knock my ass out.  I am over this being awake and being poked crap!  Into the bed we go.  Mom, dad and finance all hanging out.  Wouldn't it be great if we all could be in a room joking and trying to make me laugh that wasn't a hospital room.  Too bad it can't be that way all the time.... ahhh I digress again...  surgeon comes in and checks on me.  Then for the good stuff, here comes the anesthesiologist ...  woo hoo, night night all.  See ya on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

YOU SHOULD WRITE A BOOK.....

All my life people have been telling me... You should write a book... You can't make this shit up! That seems to have been the theme o...