Search This Blog

GLITCHES ARE BITCHES!

December 28, 2017, Post Op Follow Up with my surgeon today.   I have spent the last two days in every BRCA chat room I could possibly find on the internet.  Trying to figure out what to do before this appointment.  I have just about decided to still stick with the original plan and monitor closely.  But go ahead with the ovary and fallopian tube removal.  Heck I don't ned that stuff any more and it is suspected that my iron issues are the cause of the monthly hex anyways... we'll kill two birds with one stone this way.  Okay we have a plan.  Let's go see our doctor and make sure those nodes are negative!!!

Check into the office; pay my $20.  Back to the room.  Doc comes into the room.  Nodes are clear!  Nodes are clear!  OMG yay!  Nodes are clear!  But..........

Glitch #3....  seriously.... ugh....  "we didn't clear margins, we didn't get it all, it was way bigger than what shows up on the mammogram".  With the lobular portion of this cancer it can hide and not know it's there until you go in to get it.  Now there will have to be a second surgery to go back in to try to get it all this time.  But there's also the BRCA2 discussion that is still on the table.  I tell her what my plan was prior to walking in today and finding this out.  Now we have to go back to considering mastectomy again.  This shit could be hiding anywhere in my boobs.  Do I really want to take that risk??  Probably not.  But I just couldn't make myself commit to it... not yet.  Doc says I can think about it for a week or so.  She's going to send me to a Gyno to discuss the other surgery and we'll talk again after that appointment.  Out the door and on my way to try to figure out WTF I was going to do.    This BRCA2 is a BIACH!!

Gyno appointment a few days later.  $20 Bucks....LOL  Appointment not really a big deal.  I figured he would tell me I would probably just need to go ahead and have the full hysterectomy with my bleeding and anemic problems so I was prepared for it when that is what he said.  He said he would get with my surgeon and we can figure out when to schedule for surgery.  Out I go....  well that was easy  haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

YOU SHOULD WRITE A BOOK.....

All my life people have been telling me... You should write a book... You can't make this shit up! That seems to have been the theme o...