Search This Blog

Don't Let the Media Fool You, People Are Still Good.

WARNING -- May possibly piss off some people.  If you believe in the right to own an assault rifle, you should probably skip this one.....  It'll probably make you angry.

I am not normally a political person.  I do not get involved in political arguments and usually keep my opinions to myself regarding these subjects.  I guess I've been at home too long, watched a little too much TV and probably a little bored -- haha.  But here I am writing about something so turbulent that it has torn families apart.  I am, by no means, any type of an expert and this is just my humble opinion.  I'm not looking for a debate, just venting, so if you're wanting to comment, I will not answer.  Again, this is just me venting and expressing my opinion.  

As I sit here tonight, still somewhat in shock over the latest acts of violence and evil that has occurred once again to our children.  The sadness this latest tragedy has caused seems to be still lingering amongst most Americans.  I have read many articles, posts, etc. (again too much time on my hands) and it seems people are losing their faith in humanity and in the goodness of people.  I blame a lot of this on the media.  They continue to drill the horrible news into our brains, and even seem to feed on and get excited about any new tragedy.  I realize the news has to be reported.  But to keep dwelling on the acts of these evil horrible people day in and day out, weeks and months after the tragedy has happened, in my opinion, only makes future crazy nut jobs think it's cool and glorified and they can be famous.  Most of these crazy people are lonely, bullied, outcasts, who are only craving any attention they can find and will do ANYTHING to get it.

I know, in general, human beings are good, kind, generous, compassionate people, no matter their race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. The media needs to quit glorifying the nut jobs by giving them more publicity and fame.  I realize, again, there is the need to report the story.  But report the story and move on.  Do not spend days in the media outlets trying to analyze these crazy nut job's mental illnesses, talking about them, and repeating their names over and over and over.  I also realize the victims deserve to be mourned.  But if my child was involved in one of these horrific acts, I would not want to see this story over and over and over, being reminded of the most terrible thing that has happened.  Media needs to seek out the good again and report it.  They are responsible, in part, for people's reactions to humanity.  And they are failing us right now.

After the media, we need to get the guns!  No, my right wing gun freaks, not all guns.  There is absolutely no good reason at all for any normal human being to need one of these assault rifles.  My dad hunted for years.  And landed some of the biggest deer out there.  He was even featured in magazines.  Guess what, those giant bucks were shot with a bow and arrow.  Yes folks, not an assault rifle, but a little bitty bow and arrow.  Hunting, target practice, skeet shooting, blah blah blah, all can also be accomplished with a rifle, shotgun or a pistol.  Yes, I know all of you who bull all up and say, "that's my right, you can't take it away".  But folks, do our children not have a right too?  A right to feel safe and not worry if today is the day some attention seeking nut job is going to kill them?  No one wants to take away your right to own a gun, but simply wanting to take away the ability to kill mass amounts of human beings within minutes.  Again, that is what these guns are made for, killing masses in a short amount of time.  Ask any trained military person.  Normal citizens DO NOT need these guns for any good reason.  I know, I know, they make you look big, bad and cool.  But is looking cool and manly really worth another life?  I sure as hell don't think so!

I am so proud of the kids around the country finally taking a stand and making their voices heard.  I have a feeling March 24th will be an epic day in history!  Maybe this will be the moment our politicians pull their heads out of their asses!

Sorry about the political post in the middle of my breast cancer musings LOL....  Just another insomniac night trying not to focus on my upcoming oncologist appointment Wednesday to find out my fate and next adventure in CancerLand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

YOU SHOULD WRITE A BOOK.....

All my life people have been telling me... You should write a book... You can't make this shit up! That seems to have been the theme o...