Search This Blog

Full Circle Perhaps?


One year ago this week I checked into Columbia Orthopedic for a visit with Doc Adams.  Yep Doc I did it again.  Hurt my knee playing volleyball.  No... I'm not too old!  But there I was facing surgery numero dos on the same knee, same injury, same volleyball pits.  Stupid knee, I thought.  Damnit I'm not too old, my knee might be old, but I'm not! 

After the visit, headed down for my MRI.  Results showed what we already knew.  Time for surgery again.  Meniscus tear.  Scheduled for December 12.  Boy did I not know at that moment what fresh hell was waiting just around the corner for me!  

First came the passing of my precious Lizzie right before Thanksgiving.  The day I had to put her to sleep was so terrible.  Sure did love that little fuzzy grumpy cat.  Still miss her every day.  

Then the call every woman dreads.  We've found something on your mammogram.  Need to schedule a core needle biopsy after Thanksgiving.  Yep that sounded like some fun.  It wasn't.  

December 1, the day I will always remember.  The Big C call.  And the roller coaster began.  Lumpectomy and lymph node removal 2 days before Christmas.  BRCA2 diagnosis and didn't get it all a few days after New Years.  Double Mastectomy January 26. 

Then our next fur baby passed in February.  Buddy was our 13 year old Golden and he was the best dog ever.  We definitely still miss him every single day! 

Full hysterectomy May 14 due to BRCA and my cancer was hormone driven.  

Foundation was cracking also in May..... had to gut all flooring in the house and have the foundation fixed.  Can you say EXPENSIVE!  

July 31 back into the hospital again for an acute pancreatitis attack.  If you've never had it, I guarantee you don't want it.  5 days in ICU with NO food or drink.  Strict diet.  I can no longer enjoy any of the foods I used to love.  Does the punishments ever end?? 

September.... grandfather's house burnt to the ground.  Now dealing with insurance, rehoming, etc. for him and my aunt.  

So yes, there is my shitty year in review thus far.  

Yesterday I made the trek that I started 1 year ago, back to see Doc Adams since my knee has been swelling and hurting so badly I cannot hardly walk.... Guess it's finally about time to get that surgery done that was so rudely interrupted by the dumb stupid C word.  MRI repeated.  And call today from Doc to schedule the surgery again.  This time we're scheduled for this Monday, the 5th of November.  And I will be crossing every part of my body that the surgery will take place without anything interrupting it this time.  

With this surgery MAYBE everything will have come full circle and we can finally put "Kristy's Shitty Year" out to pasture!!  We can only hope and pray!  One thing has definitely changed however. I now feel OLD!! haha!  Geez God you sure as hell didn't have to put me through all of this just to prove to me that I might be getting a little old!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

YOU SHOULD WRITE A BOOK.....

All my life people have been telling me... You should write a book... You can't make this shit up! That seems to have been the theme o...